- Coalitions + Charisma: What Does LA Need to Build a Prosperous Future?
January 30, 2020
11:15 am - 1:30 pm
Strong civic leadership leads to a more engaged and invested population. LA’s diffusion brings singular challenges and unique opportunities when it comes to building a better civic future. Individuals, institutions, and communities are key to the civic process, and the interactions between each are complex. Unless the city of Los Angeles can connect the dots and empower the next generation of leaders to make LA prosper, the metropolis could face major setbacks.
Join us on January 30th for a discussion with business and community leaders on the opportunities for LA’s private sector to promote a better future for Angelenos. What can businesses do? What are economic benefits for companies as civic leaders? Program includes key findings and insights from the Huntington-USC Institute on California and the West’s study on “Space to Lead: A Century of Civic Leadership in LA.”
· William Deverell, Professor – History, University of Southern California and Director of Huntington-USC Institute on California and the West
· Xavier A. Gutierrez, Managing Director of Clearlake Capital Group and California Community Foundation Director
· Helen Leung, Co-Executive Director, LA Más and LA City Planning Commissioner
· Martha Saucedo, Senior VP, External Affairs, AEG
· Donna Bojarsky, Founder & Director, Future of Cities
Future of Cities is a leading civic initiative and project of Community Partners that aims to reinvigorate the involvement of civic leaders in creating a vibrant, cutting edge future for Los Angeles. The goal is to marry vision, leadership, and results to fulfill LA’s ambitions and achieve its potential. Its efforts combine academic study with public engagement, blending innovative collaborations, and special events to bring together a cross section of accomplished civic, business, philanthropic, cultural, and community leaders.
Venue: City Club Los Angeles